Saturday 13 April 2013

Fussy cutting

So, as promised, this is what I amused myself with last Sunday while nursing a sore neck.
 
Inspired by the lovely Clare at selfsewn I drew this lovely shape on some thick paper, cut it all up and then had a rummage in my fabric stash.
I cut each of the pieces really carefully and then tacked them around the papers.
Sewing them together was such fun, watching the pieces fit together perfectly, seeing all the flowers sitting so prettily.
Ah, EPP how I love you!


 
No idea what to do with this now.
I have considered turning it into a mug-rug, or a pin cushion.
I really enjoyed it so I'm thinking about keeping it as it is and making some more, in different fabrics.
Then joining them all together into a mini quilt.
Or maybe a big quilt?!?!
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. No matter what you decide to make, it's going to be gorgeous!!!! I love all of your fussy cutting. It's perfect =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I spent ages in my local fabric shop the other day looking for fabrics that would be good for fussy cutting!! What have I started?!?!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Henry's Shed, just to let you know am now following your blog. Love all the other crochet blogs you have found. Love the epp work, you have worked hard. Saw some on another blog just lately, must give it a go myself.
    J xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome! Lovely to have you here :) I love EPP, you should definitely give it a go!

      Delete

Thank-you so much for stopping by at Henry's Shed. I'd love it if you would like to comment, it's good to chat :-) x x