Today I finally found the time to prepare Miss M's hexagon quilt for quilting.
I knew I would need a while (and a big space) so I waited for the weekend :)
I began by cutting a beautiful vintage sheet to the right size for the backing.
The sheet, by the way, was found in a charity shop by my lovely friend Julie, who just knew that it would be perfect for this project! Thanks Julie, you were soooo right!!
Then I began pinning the centres of the hexagon flowers.
I tacked the border and then peeled the whole thing from the carpet - it really was a case of peeling as I managed to pin a fair few bits of carpet too!!
It already feels so lovely and quilty!
Can't wait to get quilting! :)