Sunday 9 September 2012

A Birthday Present

Good Morning!
It's another hot and sunny day here, so obviously I'm hiding indoors in the shade! Thought I would share a few pictures of the present I made for my Mum's birthday...
 




At this point I was going to thread ribbon through the sides and tie it to keep the lining in place. But then I had another idea...



I used Fiona's fantastic medallion flower tutorial to make this!


But it was a bit too big, and the button looked lost. So I changed to htr - Fiona had made some of her medallions in tr and some in htr.



Much better!


Henry sunning himself in the background of this picture :-)


Finished!
Ta-dah!
I love it. So much so that I may just line my own basket very soon!
 
Have a lovely sunny day!
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....wow, you have made my day. I never thought anyone else would make my medallion, they are far better in half trebles I think. Your basket is stunning, lucky mum. I need to get my sewing machine out, perhaps in a couple of weeks once the back to uni trip is sorted... Thank you for trying it! Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous gift for your Mum. The crochet flower is a perfect finish to the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Already filled it with all my crochet wool for my latest project! Thank you Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by at Henry's Shed. I'd love it if you would like to comment, it's good to chat :-) x x