Wednesday 14 August 2013

Festival of Quilts 2013

Oh, I looked forward to this for soooo long!
Pretty much the whole year since we were there in 2012!
We decided, my 2 quilty buddies and I, that we needed two days this year. One was just not enough. So we were super-lucky enough to spend Thursday and Sunday at the FoQ.
And my goodness did we have fun!!
I could bore you all to death here with ALL the photos I took, but that would not be very fair (and I might go a bit mad as my computer takes AGES to load photos!).
But I will just show you a couple, sorry!!
This is totally amazing! There is definitely a lone star quilt in my future, although I'm not sure mine will be as detailed and brilliant!!
Beautiful! I have no desire to make a quilt like this, but I would LOVE to own it! Such pretty colours!
This quilt is called "Every text he ever sent me" and it is amazing. We looked at this one for ages! It really is made up of loads of text messages, from 'I love you' to 'we need milk'. Brilliant!!
 This was my favourite. It was huge. I didn't even manage to get it all in one photo! Every star has been fussy cut, every star is different. I want to make one like this. This is going on my list.
Urgh! So many quilts, so much fun!
Obviously there was also some shopping. It would be rude not to, right?!!
Here is what was in my bag when we came home on Thursday.
So many pretties!
You'd think that was enough though, wouldn't you?!
No.
This lot came home with me Sunday.
Brown. Not sure what happened there. Sunday was a brown day.
 
So now I have ideas. And shopping. And 2 and a half weeks left of the summer holidays. Wonder how much I'll get done...
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I was so close to going this year but got a touch of the 'not quite getting around to it'! Looks great - so varied - you probably can't get more of a memory quilt than the text messaging one! Good luck with the ideas x Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you so much for stopping by at Henry's Shed. I'd love it if you would like to comment, it's good to chat :-) x x